Succinct Summation of Week’s Events, 9.11.20
Succinct Summations for the week ending September 11th, 2020
1. Markets rally back from deep multi day sell off.
2. Home mortgage apps rose 3.0% w/o/w, improved 0.2%.
3. CPI rose 0.4% m/o/m, above expectations.
4. Job openings rose from 6.002M to 6.618M in June, above expectations.
1. We learned that POTUS was aware in January how dangerous Covid-19 was but purposefully downplayed the risk;
2. Jobless claims remained unchanged for the week at 884k, above expectations.
3. Consumer credit came in at $12.3B for July, below expectations.
4. Wholesale inventories fell 0.3%, below expectations.
Source: Y Charts