Succinct Summation of Week’s Events for 9.18.20
Succinct Summations for the week ending September 18th, 2020
1. Progress continues to be made on Covid vaccines and treatments.
2. Jobless claims fell 33k w/o/w.
3. Housing market index stands at 83 for September, above expectations.
4. Import prices rose 0.9% m/o/m, above expectations.
5. Export prices rose 0.5% m/o/m, above expectations.
6. Business inventories rose 0.1% m/o/m, above expectations.
1. Shockingly, we still have no agreement from Congress on stimulus.
2. Home mortgage apps fell 1.0% w/o/w.
3. The current account deficit widened to $-170.5B in Q2.
4. Housing starts came in at an annual rate of 1.416M for August, below expectations.
5. Industrial production rose 0.4% m/o/m, below expectations.
6. Retail sales rose 0.6% m/o/m, below expectations.